Did you know that your car can be one of your biggest assets, next to your house? Sure, there’s ease and convenience in owning a decent car. Whether you rush your way to work or send your kids to school, driving your own car can make a world of difference.
However, there’s more to your car than what you might think it practically does. The truth is that you can make money out of car driving. All it takes is to dive into certain industries and use your personal car for business.
Here are top industries you can venture into to make money out of car driving:
1. Public Transportation
When we think of public transportation, what comes to mind? We immediately think of buses, trains, subways, and taxis. But in recent years, many individuals have been using their cars as a mode of public transport. Thanks to some revolutionary apps, ridesharing has come into the picture!
If you’re looking to drive your car for ridesharing and make money, here are some apps to try:
- Uber: It has always been the dominant player in this industry since its inception in 2009. To be an Uber driver, you must be 21 years old and above, have a driver’s license, have at least one year of driving experience, and have a clean driving record.
- Lyft: It is considered Uber’s biggest competitor in the US. However, what’s good about this app is that tapping can be customized. For the most part, it has the same driving requirements as Uber.
- Wingz: It is a relatively small ridesharing service. It specifically caters to major metropolitan airports. It also serves senior transportation and high-profile events in big US cities. However, this company sets stringent standards for drivers, so you must pass driving orientation and exams.
Delivery service has become increasingly popular in recent years. In fact, food delivery service has become all the more useful during this pandemic. There are a handful of apps offering delivery services right at people’s disposal. If you’re looking to work as a car driver for certain businesses, here are some options for you:
- Uber Eats: This is one of the most popular delivery services. As the name suggests, your role as a driver is to drive and deliver food right at the customers’ doorsteps.
- Door Dash: This is another great app for food delivery service. If you can’t keep up with Uber’s requirements, this can be your best option.
- Instacart: This is specifically a grocery delivery service. Not only are you a driver, but you are also a full-service shopper. This means that you receive orders from the app, visit the grocery store, and delivers the bags to the customer’s house.
- Postmates: This service isn’t only confined to food delivery. Other items that can be delivered include groceries, retail goods, and clothes, among others.
The travel industry has always been booming. Sure, it may have taken a hiatus due to the global pandemic. But people will always find ways and means to travel.
If you’re looking to make some money out of car driving, you have the following options:
- Offer personal driving: If your place is a known tourist spot, you can grab the opportunity to offer a personal driving service. You can simply post your service on online travel web pages, your website, and social media accounts.
- Rent out your car: Another option is to rent out your car known as “car-sharing” or “Airbnb for cars.” This time, you won’t have to drive yourself; you just make your car readily available to the locals for short-term use. You can try legitimate short-term car rental options such as Turo, Getaround, and HyreCar.
It’s common to see people move from one place to another. Whether they’re relocating to a new office site or moving to a new apartment, hiring a mover is their best option. In this case, you can help people move through your car. You don’t need a car or a trailer, as long as your car has a decent-sized trunk and backseat. When it comes to moving, you have two options:
- Personal mover: You can offer personal moving services. All it takes is to create your own website or post your service via your social media accounts.
- Moving help: Another option is to try apps such as GoShare and Dolly. Whether clients are looking to move to a house or pick up items from a garage sale, you can help them out.
5. Other industries
There are other businesses where you can work as a personal driver. In most cases, you can have a contract or work with small and medium enterprises (SMEs). Take note of the following:
- Construction: You can offer to transport construction materials from the suppliers to the construction site. You can even transport materials from mining sites. When working for a construction company, just be sure to get high-risk auto insurance for your and your car’s protection.
- Mobile work: Some businesses have employees working offsite and traveling from one place to another. You can offer your car service for their mobile work.
- Food business: Work with small-time food businesses such as a catering service. Inform them that you’ll deliver the dishes to their clients.
- Cleaning service: Consider having a contract with a cleaning service provider in your locality. You’ll be the one to drive the professional cleaners to different houses.
At this point, you now know what industries to venture into for car driving. To make money out of car driving, consider public transportation, delivery, travel, moving, and other industries. Just be wary of what you get into, have a contract, maintain your vehicle, and stay safe on the road. Ultimately, you’ll be surprised at how you can earn some extra cash out of driving your car during your spare time.